- To bid in our internet auction you must first register to receive a user id name and password. To register, please visit our website www.huntauctions.com. or call (610) 524-0822. When approved for a user name and password you will be notified by e-mail or phone. Once registered, you may use this name and password for all future internet auctions and you must obtain these even if you are a current bidder in Hunt Auctions live auctions.
- Once you have obtained your user id name and password, login each time you visit the website to browse, view, and bid accordingly. After you have completed the login procedure, the Register/Login button will switch to two buttons: My Account and View Bids. To view the most current status report of the items you are currently bidding on, click on View Bids.
- Each lot has a minimum bid, which must be placed in order for the item to sell. Reserve bids may be executed on catalogued lots on behalf of the seller and shall be executed confidentially in a manner similar to the execution of absentee bids. All bids must be at least 10% above the current high bid showing. You may enter any bid amount you wish (rounded to the nearest dollar) as long it is at least 10% above the current high bid. See “ceiling bids” under #4 below for more details.
- Maximum/ceiling bids may be placed at any time and for any amount as long as it is at least 10% above the current high bid. Please note, during the course of incremental bidding, the system will automatically make a ceiling bid the high bid even if the ceiling bid is less than 10% than the last bid placed. A ceiling bid only has to be 10% above the current high bid showing in order to be accepted and executed. All ceiling bids are entered into the auction database and are held in strict confidence. They are bid by the auction software with the intention of securing the item at the lowest possible price up to and not exceeding the ceiling amount.
- At 10 pm ET, the 20 minute rule goes into effect for all lots in the auction, regardless of bidding activity prior to 10pm. Each time a bid is placed after 10 pm, the clock on that particular lot will be extended for 20 minutes. The lot will close when no bids have been received within a 20 minute interval. As a result, all lots will close at different times depending on activity received after 10 pm. The earliest any lot will close is 10:20 pm ET.
- Bidding will occur by Internet: bids may be placed at any time at www.huntauctions.com (once user id name/password are obtained). When you have been outbid, an email will be sent notifying you of your status. When a lot is closed, the winning bidder will be notified via e-mail. *Please note that the best way to stay most up-to-date regarding your bids is to check the status under the View Bids button.
- A 17.5%% buyer’s premium will be placed on all the winning bids.
- Unless exempted by law, the purchaser will be required to pay PA sales (6.0%) tax or any applicable compensating use tax on the total purchase price. Deliveries outside the state may be subject to the compensating sales or use tax of another state. Where duty or collection is imposed on Hunt Auctions by law, it will require payment of these taxes. PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO RECENT CHANGES TO VARIOUS STATE SALES TAX LAWS WE ARE NOW REQUIRED TO CHARGE AND REMIT SALES TAX ON ITEMS SHIPPED TO MANY ADDITIONAL STATES. BEFORE BIDDING, CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT UPDATED LIST OF APPLICABLE STATE SALES TAX.
- All invoices will be sent the week following the auction. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Shipping and insurance charges are the responsibility of the buyer and will be listed on the invoice. Payment may be made by cash, cashier's/bank checks, money orders, wire transfers, Zelle (email@example.com) and personal checks. All International bidders will a incur a $50 international handling fee. Wires under $500 must add $15 to cover bank fees. Unless known to Hunt Auctions, Inc. all personal checks will be held for 10 days before merchandise is shipped. NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED. Hunt Auctions reserves the right to collect unpaid past due invoices in any manner including, but not limited to, charging the bidder's credit card on file. In the case of invoices overdue by (45) days or more, Hunt Auctions will charge a reasonable interest rate based on the prime rate until payment is received. Should legal action be required to collect unpaid balances, the bidder will be responsible for reasonable attorney's fees and related court costs. In addition, Hunt Auctions reserves the right to re-sell any merchandise with an unpaid balance after (45) days with the bidder responsible for any losses incurred.
- Hunt Auctions guarantees, for sixty (60) days, the authenticity of each item offered at auction as set out in the written description listed in the printed and/or online catalogue. All announcements posted online and/or made by the auctioneer the day of the auction shall take precedent over previous statements either implied or written. The guarantee does not extend to descriptions of lot condition due to the subjective nature of such evaluations. With regard to autographed materials, we strongly encourage interested bidders to utilize the photographs available in the printed and online catalogue to consult with autograph experts of their choice before bidding. To be able to make an authenticity claim under this guarantee, the original purchaser of record must: 1) notify Hunt Auctions of a dispute within sixty days of the close of the auction; 2) provide a written letter of rejection by an independent and recognized expert in the field; and 3) return the lot to Hunt Auctions in the same condition as it was on the date of the auction. If necessary, Hunt Auctions reserves the right to consult with another respected third party authenticator to settle the dispute. The guarantee is solely for the benefit of the original purchaser of record from the auction and may not be transferred to any third party.
- Hunt Auctions reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the auction and assumes no liability for such withdrawal.
- Internet bids will be executed as a convenience to customers, but the Auction Company will not be held responsible for any failures, or errors or omissions in the execution of such bids. All internet bids must be submitted within the guidelines of this auction.
- ***Unless printed in the description, no LOAs or COAs will be provided.*** Hunt Auctions will not create any additional paperwork that was not otherwise indicated in the description of the item.
- Please be aware of shipping costs, especially for heavy, large, or large quantity lots. Any items with a dimension of 18" or greater will be subject to oversize charges by Fed-Ex. At bidder's request, we are willing to remove items from frames in order to save on shipping costs. Call BEFORE bidding with any questions. If you intend to pick up your items, please notify us 24 hours prior to the date and time of your intended pick up. Shipment will occur via Fed-Ex Ground with a signature required up to 7-14 business days after payment is processed. If no shipping address is provided, Hunt Auctions will default to the billing address on file. It is the bidder's responsibility to notify Hunt Auctions of any address changes or shipping instructions in writing. These requests should be mailed directly with payment. Address changes/shipping requests submitted after receipt of payment are not guaranteed. Any packages returned to Hunt Auctions after attempted delivery are subject to a duplicate shipping fee. Please allow additional processing time for heavy, large, or large quantity orders. *Please note that if the request is made to ship on the bidder's account number then that bidder will be subject to a handling fee.
- Items with a * before the lot number will have a higher shipping charge. Items with ** before the lot number will require freight shipping.
- Please Note: Hunt Auctions does not guarantee (sp) the condition of frames and/or display cases unless otherwise noted in the description.
- Placing a bid constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Sale. The validity, construction, enforcement and interpretation of all terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Sale shall be governed by the internal law (and not the law of conflicts) of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. By submitting a bid, the bidder consents that any legal proceeding involving any matter relating, directly or indirectly, to these Terms of Sale shall be commenced and maintained in the Federal Court located in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Each term and provision of these Terms of Sale shall be construed as separate and distinct. If any term or provision contained in these Terms of Sale is held to be invalid under present or future laws, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
Provenance: Origins of a particular item such as the personal collection of a player.
Professional model: Item such as jersey, bat, or helmet manufactured specifically for game use by a professional player.
Attributed: Descriptive term referencing, among other things, the origins of a particular item or likely use in game action. For example, "Babe Ruth professional model bat attributed to his 50th home run."
Replica: Item reproduced at a later date than its original. For example, "1980 Philadelphia Phillies replica World Series trophy".
Salesman Sample: Item produced for marketing use by a salesman of the particular product such as a ring or baseball bat.
Game Used: Item which has been fully authenticated to have been used by a player during game action.
PR - Poor (1/10)
FR - Fair (1.5/10)
GD - Good (2/10)
VG - Very Good (3/10)
VG/EX - Very Good / Excellent (4/10)
EX - Excellent (5/10)
EX/MT - Excellent/Mint (6/10)
NM - Near Mint (7/10)
NM/MT - Near Mint / Mint (8/10)
MT - Mint (9 or 10 / 10)
NOTE: If an item has a multiple grade such as VG-EX then that item falls somewhere in between those two conditions.
Auto. - Autographed
c. - circa (dating within 10 years)
Facs. - Facsimile signed
Clubhouse - Signed by team employee, not the player